As promised, here are a few of my favorite shots from the photo shoot with the fantastic Alex Green in SoHo last weekend. There are SO many more amazing shots and once I figure out how to make photo galleries on my site I will put them all there. Enjoy these for now and let me know what you think with a comment below!
Just got back from a fantastic second photo shoot with the amazing and Australian Alex Green in SoHo. My favorite moments from the shoot were:
1. People taking pictures of me and smiling as they went by.
2. A woman shouted “I love it” about my look: pink wig, sparkly hoodie, furry black jacket, zebra tights, purple high tops. Score!
3. A dapper black man in a fabulous hat said “Move over, Lady Gaga!” to which I said, “Thanks girl! I love you!”
4. We shot outside Rudy’s Music on Broome Street and Alex was concerned they’d yell at us, but right as we were about to take the first shot, Rudy himself came into the store and said “Looks great, I love it. Hi, I’m Rudy, nice to meet ya. Looks good.” Awesome!
5. A teen girl and her mom crossed the street just to take a picture of me and were very sweet and complimentary. 🙂
We only had an hour but we got SO many cool shots I can’t wait to share with you! Will upload as soon as I get them back from Alex. Why does Alex have to live in Sydney???
So I don’t think I ever got a moment to blog about it, but a few weeks ago (um, 2010 is passing by way too fast!!!) I did a superfun photo shoot with the amazing and wonderful (and Australian!) Alex Green at his glamorous SoHo apartment, where I did the 12/19 show. We shot three different looks for about 4 hours and got some amazing shots out of it. I have many favorites, but one of the overall best shots is definitely the one you see above, which I ended up using as the cover of my album. I posted it on facebook (friend me here) a couple days ago and people have been loving it. I’m so glad!
Which brings me to my next exciting bit of news, which is that the cover art, and all the art for the hard copy CD and booklet of my album, are now done!!! Once I have a moment to do a final listen-through of all the tracks and final proof of the artwork, it will be time to order HARD COPIES of my album to sell at shows and pass around to industry folk, and put the CD on iTunes, FINALLY. It’s been a year-long journey (woulda been much shorter without a day job, but what can you do), and I am so excited to finally have a finished product to show for all my hard work and banging my head against the wall trying to write great songs (which I TOTALLY have).
I will be continuing to release the album track by track through my website over the next many weeks, and by the time I’m finished, the whole album will be available for purchase on iTunes, which will be so great. I’ll finally have a proper presence there again, and I can’t wait to see the sales and reviews from fans. 🙂